Known for its delicious signature drink, the center of Porto is also a UNESCO World Heritage
Site with beautiful architecture. Visit the vibrant downtown district of Baixa and stroll along the banks of the River Douro and try some local wines and local foods (own expenses).
Situated on the river Douro, the city offers a seductive blend of old and new that you can check during this tour.
Porto is the capital and gateway to the North of Portugal, city that provided a nation with a name and a fortified wine known world-wide: port.With its splendid geographical location on the mouth of the Douro river and an architectural heritage of exceptional quality, the historic center of Porto was declared UNESCO World Heritage in 1996. In addition to its history, any visitor to Porto will be quickly impressed by the forceful character both of the city and its inhabitants. The downtown of Porto is called 'Baixa' where all the rhythms of city life, movement and intense retailing are found. There is a very peculiar expression which bestows a Nordic, mercantile tone onto a city that is both spiritually and intensely baroque.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately